5 years ago from today I wrote the very first post for this blog (see here).
I had written my other blog's Paris Pastry for a while, but needed a creative outlet
for my passion for furniture, clothes, and the French lifestyle.
I would like to thank to those who started reading (at the time) French Mademoiselle,
and are still following French Madame from time to time.
Or those who simply just stop by because you stumbled upon it.
I couldn't imagine giving up my two blogs.
Even with life being very busy and time-consuming at times.
As a celebration, I am inviting you to the 5th blogoversary party I'm hosting,
right here on this web space. Everyone is welcome!
To the party I am wearing this Lela Rose off-the-shoulder cocktail dress.
I am serving nothing but the finest champagne to my guests...
Along with these chocolate from Louis Vuitton.
And as centerpiece, this doughnut cake with mocha whipped cream! Delicious!
And now let us take a look back at the most popular posts from the past year:
* The first 'Paris Photo of the Day'-post from 2014 was one of the most viewed ones.
The ever-so-sexy Moulin Rouge in the 18th arrondissement is still one of Paris' most visited attractions.
* One of the most popular, yet controversial posts I wrote this year was about the Instagram-famous,
Birkin-loving 'Blondie Luxe' profile.
Following the infamous 'Up Close and Stylish' post, I googled Blondie Luxe and was pleased to find out
she too, once wrote a blog. Not anymore unfortunately.
I adore her pictures on Instagram, not just the goodies she shows, but the photography in itself is worth
taking a look.
* My Marie-Antoinette costume for Dutch carnaval.
Excuse the not-so-flattering photos of myself, but you get the point of the costume.
* I never get tired of looking at Ladurée macarons, and seemingly so do you.
Ladurée at Rue Bonaparte.
* The vivid Mykonos in Greece was a favorite vacation destination for me in 2014.
* And sadly, the tribute to my favorite designer Oscar de la Renta.
Departed way too soon.
That's all folks! Hope to see you with me in 2015!